Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More Pictures...

About 5 Minutes After Delivery
Layin' on Mommy and Daddy
(and already a football fan :) Rocking in the Middle of the Night Enjoying his Bassinett Laying with Daddy Payton's First Car Seat Experience Our Small Group Bible Study and Closest Friends...
We LOVE You! Payton...All Frogged Out Payton (1 day) and Sean (7 months)...Instant Friends!
LABOR DETAILS:
I got out of bed Friday morning and was on my way
to get my phone to call my sister when my water broke.
We left for the hospital about 30 minutes later.
I was having contractions about every
8 or 9 minutes but was still only 1 cm dialated.
They started me on Pitocin around noon in order
to speed things up since my water had already ruptured.
Jonathan and I played Dominos and watched TV
until around 4:30 pm, when I suddenly started
having horrible contractions every other minute.
By 5:30 pm I had an epidural but I was still
feeling a good portion of pain on my right side.
I also had an irritated nerve in the right
side of my back that was making me
feel like I wanted to jump out of bed.
Around 6:30 pm the nurse called Anesthesia
to have them increase the epidural.
The doctor checked my cervix again at 7 pm
and within 90 minutes I was completed
dialated and almost ready to start pushing.
Once the doctor arrived I ended up pushing
for about 3 minutes before Payton was born :)
Jonathan was great and was so helpful ALL day!
We are both very thankful for the ease of
labor and lack of complications.
We absolutely LOVE Payton and can't
wait for ya'll to meet him!
BABY UPDATE:
Payton is doing great!
We stayed in the hospital until Monday because
the Pediatrician wanted to wait until he was
nursing well before she did his circumcision.
He slept the whole way home and loved his car seat.
Since then he's been wonderful.
He's nursing beautifully about every 3 hours
and mostly just sleeping in between meals.
His most active time seems to be from midnight
until 3 am or so, when he decides he's tired again.
He loved his pacifier at first but now he's decided
that it's just not as good as the real thing :)
At this point, we really couldn't ask for a
healthier or better tempered baby.
He's very easy to calm down and for the
most part only cries when he's hungry.
I know this could all change but we'll hope for the best!
We hope you enjoyed the pictures and updates.
Check back soon as I'm sure we'll continue to add more!
Love ya!

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Thank you for the really good pictures. I can't type anything else because I am SOBBING! (tears of joy)...(been doing that a lot since Fri!) HA! HA! xo, hugs to you all, mom xo

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks wonderful and Payton is so precious!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Unknown said...

Oh April! I just saw pictures of April's baby boy and now pictures of your sweet little boy. I'm crying because I am just so happy for you! He's absolutely gorgeous and I can't believe how gorgeous you looked right after delivery! Congratulations!
Kara

Unknown said...

Ok, messed up, meant to say just saw pics of Julie's little boy..and now yours....I'm a mess! I'm just so happy for both of you. It's so nice (and such a coincidence) that you had your baby boys on the same day!

David and Angela Estes said...

April,
I'm so excited and happy for you! I kept checking your and Julie's sites every day to see who was gonna go first. I was so amazed to hear you had your boys within about 2 1/2 hours of each other! How cool! You guys look SO happy and Payton is absolutely beautiful...as are you of course! I'll take any tips for my big day!! Love and miss you! God Bless!! Love, Angela ><>

Andy and Julie Emerine said...

APRIL!!!!!!
Hey! FINALLY we're back online & I got to see all the pictures of you guys with Payton. He's BEAUTIFUL (or should I say HANDSOME?!)-SUCH A CUTIE!!!!
I still am in shock that we delivered Caleb on the same day...seriously, what are the chances?!? God works in wonderous ways!
I love you my friend. Snuggle your little man for me!

Anonymous said...

You all look so great! Payton is cute! And your hair still looks really nice, April! We are excited and happy for your family. Happy Thanksgiving! Tuck and Joanna