Friday, April 15, 2011

Resurrection Buns

This morning we made Resurrection Buns.
Some of you have been asking for the recipe/directions so I thought I would just put up a link.
There are many ways to do it but what we used were the following:
1 Roll Grand's Jr Bisquits
Large Marshmallows
Equal Parts Cinnamon and Sugar
Melted Butter
I rolled each bisquit out flat and told the boys that this was the tomb where they placed Jesus. Then I had the boys roll the marshmallows in butter and place one on each bisquit. Then they sprinkled each one with cinnamon sugar and I explained that in Jewish culture they prepared Jesus' body for burial with oil (butter) and spices (cinnamon sugar) and then wrapped it in white blankets, or linen cloth. Then they pinched each bisquit closed as if they were closing the tomb. Then we flipped them over and placed them on a cold baking stone and baked them on 350 for 8-10 minutes. When we took them out I cut a slit in the top and asked the boys what happened. They were very quick to exclaim, "Jesus is GONE!" And all that was left was the white blankets (melted marshmallows). They enjoyed eating them, as did I! They were very tasty :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how cool is this! I think I will make them for myself so I can look inside!!! Much love, mom

Julie said...

This is so special, April! I can't wait to try this with our boys! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it! Love ya, Julie

Lynn said...

that is incredibly creative! I have never heard of this before : ) thanks for posting it

Oahu Mom said...

Did this with my kids last night. Thanks! After I explained that Jesus' real tomb is empty now just like the buns were empty and He's in heaven now E. asked, "So where are the marshmallows? In heaven?!" Made me laugh! -Lisa