Monday, July 28, 2008

BIG BIG BABY...

More Boy Parts
Face Payton Giving One of His "Looks" I had my 36 week ultrasound today and we have a lot of news to share. First of all, Baby Sawyer is a very big baby, just as expected. He is measuring 8 lbs and 3 ounces...1 ounce bigger than Payton when he was born and I have 3 and a half weeks until my due date! The other news is that the previously concerning left lateral ventricle measurement of the baby's brain has totally resolved. It's no longer "borderline high" and is within the normal limits. This is great news! I am doing well, although feeling huge...And for good reason with a 36 week, 8 lb baby already! Jonathan's mom is here with me helping me out while Jonathan is in Korea and she has been a true blessing. She's great with Payton and has really stepped in to get up with him in the morning, carry him around, bath and feed him...Normal every day things that wear me out pretty quickly. Payton has really enjoyed having her around as well. She takes him on walks and buys him cookies :) Finally, the best news of all...I told Jonathan about the ultrasound and the size of the baby, etc. He talked to the Major who is in Korea with him and was told that the day they finish up the last aircraft, which is what they are working on now, he's on a plane back to HI. So it looks like he won't have to wait until the 15th as originally expected. He should be able to be home by the 12th at the latest since their deadline to finish the last helicopter is the 11th. Please pray that they are able to finish up this last aircraft without much delay and that he's able to come home as soon as possible. One week before my due date with a baby this big is a little too close for comfort for Mommy :) I hope you enjoy the update and please, please email me or leave your comments and updates! We love to read them! Love, April (Jonathan and Payton too)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is better than good news from so far away! Looks like smiles are in order. I actually have been smiling since your phone call yesterday! Now if that suprise box ever shows up! I love you, hugs to Payton and Wanice for me! Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are sure cutting it close dear. Do you think you will make it til JB gets back? I will pray you will!!! Good luck, miss you around here!!!

Love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

April, I am so happy to find out that the ultrasound looks good and that Jonathon will be home soon. I can't imagine being that close to deliver with Brian a couple thousand miles away. You seem to be doing great though. I think about you all the time and love getting your updates. I keep telling my sister that I am going to attempt to set up a blog of my own but it seems so time consuming. I am 24 wks along and she is constantly bugging me for pics. Anyhow, good luck with this deliver and with Payton's adjustment to the new baby. I'll be praying for you! ~Katie

Andy and Julie Emerine said...

OH GOOD! Reading your blog made me cry! You've been on my heart so much since yesterday & I've been pleading with God to move & give you peace. It looks like He's already answered my prayers. I'll keep praying that he'll get home ASAP!!! I love you guys!

The Gaeta's said...

April~
That is great news. I would be freaking out if Luke was in the situation that Jonathan is in. I know in my heart that God will bless the both of you and little Sawyer will wait for Daddy to be home! I cannot believe that he is already an 8lb-er:) Good luck with the pushing! Take care..can't wait to see pictures.

Love,
Courtney

Leigh Ann and Patrick said...

Hi April!
I've been following your blog since Julie added your link to her blog! How are you? Congrats on the almost arrival of baby number 2!
Leigh Ann